Role: Data Scientist
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced analytical capabilities to support data science initiatives. This position gains experience in various areas including, but not limited to: predictive modeling; personalization and recommendation algorithms; natural language processing and text mining; search recall, precision, ranking, and related problems; optimization and mathematical programming with applications in labor scheduling, inventory and capacity planning, network flows, and supply chain optimization.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe's business partners to effectively interpret data.
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe's through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics.
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe's.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members.
- Serves as a leading member on automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related quantitative analytic field AND 1-3 years’ experience analytic maturity, with knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related quantitative analytic field AND 0-1 years’ experience analytic maturity, with knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques.
- 2+ years data science or advanced analytics experience in industry.