Role: IT Software Engineer
As an IT Software Engineer you will apply your deep software engineering skills to help develop and test the complex enterprise applications. You will collaborate with technical and product leadership across the enterprise to help recommend, build, test and manage the solution stack for your products. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the development of the software development engineering testing (SDET) strategy and execution for moderately to highly complex IT features across multiple SDET domains. This includes responsibility for assisting in the development of a test automation framework and providing end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through test automation.
You will mentor your team members and will help eliminate knowledge silos. You will learn different technologies, acquire skills and apply your knowledge to build exciting products that delight our customers and associates.
- Build automated test cases using the Java-based automation test framework which uses – Java, Selenium 2.0 Web driver, TestNG, Maven and page object model.
- Develop and add automated functional and regression tests in the test framework.
- Identify and coordinate the development of the automated test libraries to create a robust a test infrastructure for an enterprise class application.
- Automate testing of Web UI.
- Integrate test automations with automated build and continuous integration process.
- Working in short sprint cycles (2 weeks) and experience in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.
- Investigate failed automation tests and report issues in bug tracking system as appropriate.
- Built and maintained systems of continuous integration.
- Providing test coverage analysis based on automation results.
- Participate in sprint planning, product and feature design reviews with developers.
- Lead, train and mentor junior Quality engineers in automating functional and regression test suites.
- Supports end-to-end test automation and other application testing efforts to ensure product quality.
- Mentors others by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; seeking performance feedback; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, consulting, or testing. (Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement)
- 2+ years of experience as an SDET, test automation engineer or developer
- 2+ years of experience with software development (Java, Selenium)
- 2+ years containerization experience
- Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 2+ years of experience on an Agile (SCRUM) team
- 2+ years of experience in the retail industry, working on projects involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC) and working with integration technologies
- Experience using Selenium, TestNG, REST Assured, Postman, Cucumber