We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage us to provide educational services, or as a result of your relationship with any member of our Team or our students.
The personal information that we process may include:
- Basic identifying information, such as your name, address, the company you work for, and your job title or position
- Contact information, such as your email addresses, and phone number
- Financial information, such as bank account information needed to process payments
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to electronic communications we send to you
- Information you provide to us in connection with meetings and events we organize
- Identification and background information we collect as part of our student application procedures
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our students or generated by us in the course or providing educational services to them
How we collect personal information:
- We collect information as part of our student acceptance procedures.
- We collect information as necessary in the course of providing educational services.
- We collect information from monitoring use of our website.
- We collect information from monitoring email communications we send and receive.
- We receive personal information provided to us directly, for example when you speak on the telephone with any of our personnel or you register to receive communications from us.
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources. For example we may use publically available sources to allow us to maintain the accuracy of contact details we hold for you.
- We collect information as part of our due diligence procedures when entering into contracts with suppliers or vendors.
We use the information that we collect in a number of ways, including:
- To provide educational services to our students
- To manage our business and our commercial relationships with our strategic partners, students, suppliers, and vendors
- To market our services. We do this in a variety of ways, including sending details of events. You may choose at any time not to receive marketing materials from us by emailing us at email@example.com
- To fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations
- For the purposes of recruitment
- To provide and improve this website, including auditing and monitoring its use
- To provide information requested by you
We process personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
- For the legitimate business purposes described above
- On the basis of consent from the relevant individual
- To perform a contract, including a contract to provide educational services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
Sharing personal information:
Tech Talent South has multiple locations in various states.
Personal information that is given to one Tech Talent South location may be transferred to one or more of our other locations (including those we may open in the future).
We may also share your personal information with third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- other organizations involved in matters for our students, including technology service providers and suppliers or vendors who provide support services to us
- IT service providers
- organizations who assist us or work alongside us in hosting or organizing events or seminars
- our own professional advisers and auditors
In some circumstances, we may also pass information to regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. We may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Where possible, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you before disclosing your information, but we may be legally restricted from doing so.
Social Network Widgets
Our Services may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Individuals’ rights regarding their personal information
The GDPR and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects. The applicable laws will spell out your rights, but broadly speaking, you have, or may have, the right:
- to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it
- to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or deleted
- to restrict our processing of your personal information
- to withdraw a previously provided consent to processing of your personal information
- to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party
- to have your personal information transferred to another person
- to complain about our processing of your personal information to a supervisory authority
It is important to be aware that these rights may not be absolute. For example, if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Keeping personal information
We retain personal information of different types, or relating to different categories of people, for different periods, taking into account its business purpose. For example, information about individuals who have applied for employment with us will be retained for a shorter period than information about individuals who have actually worked for us.
The periods for which we retain information are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used. We also take into account legal and regulatory provisions which require information to be retained for a minimum period. We also consider best practices in our industry.
Contacting the Web Site
Tech Talent South
P.O. Box 9158
Charlotte, NC 28299